This website uses SSL or TLS encryption to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string "https://" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
Name and address of the controller
(1) Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”), other data protection laws in force in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection nature is:
Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
Ackerstrasse 113 / Postfach 219
Phone +41 62 8657-272
Fax +41 62 8657-273
(1) According to the applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to obtain confirmation and access
- Right to request rectification
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')
- Right to request restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right to withdraw the given consent
If you wish to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post to the address mentioned above.
(2) You also have the right of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data with us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). If you want to visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
- our visited website
- used IP address
- date and time of access
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- access status / HTTP status code
- the amount of data transferred in bytes
- website from which you accessed the site (source/reference)
- used browser
- the operating system used and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) During your participation in our survey, we request from you personal data, such as your name, address, postcode, city, country, telephone numbers, email or company name.
(4) Further processing or passing on of these personal data occurs only for the following purposes:
a. General-purpose communication with the participants, including communication of results, newsletters, invitations to events or trainings etc.
b. Long-term data storage and maintenance to provide evidence of published results of analysis
c. Periodic re-analysis of existing data in light of new findings or demands
(5) FiBL needs to process data for the purposes described in 4 a, b, c above to pursue its legitimate interest, namely to:
- be able to contact you;
- be able to conduct related longitudinal research;
- be able to make research results available to the public or available for reuse on the long run
FiBL needs to process data for the purposes described in 4 c above to ensure that data complies with its legal obligations.
(6) The usage duration of your personal data remains indefinite. On request, your personal data can be deleted.
(7) By participating in this survey, you consent to your responses being recorded and linked to your existing email address in the system. Information is stored, processed during data analysis, and may be reported anonymously. No personal data will be passed on to third parties.
If you wish to revoke your consent, please contact the person responsible.
Data processing through the use of our website with cookies
(1) Like many other websites, we also use so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the institution that places the cookie (in this case the institution is us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the website more user-friendly and effective and to enable the use of certain functions. When using this common data and information we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. This information is just required to deliver the contents of our website correctly. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by us statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company to ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. If certain cookies process personal data, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Remember the current active user, if the survey spreads over several pages
- Prevent repeated participation from the same person
Objection and withdrawal against the processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, it is possible at any time to withdraw this processing for the future. As a result, your data will no longer be processed for the agreed purpose.
(2) If your data are processed on the basis of a weighing of interests in accordance with the legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you can object to this if you have special reasons against processing the data.
Contact / Site information
Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Switzerland
Ackerstrasse 113, Postfach 219
Telephone +41 62 8657-272
Fax +41 62 8657-273
Managing Director: Knut Schmidtke
VAT Reg. No.: CHE-107.938.089
National VAT No.: CHE-107.938.089 MWST
The contents of this website are owned by FiBL and protected by copyright law. We retain all rights over this material.
All articles contained in these Internet pages were produced using the best information available to us and with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless, errors cannot be ruled out entirely. Hence all information is provided ‘as is’ without any obligation or guarantee on the part of the publisher, and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any inaccuracies it may contain. In particular, this applies to all links provided to other websites, directly or indirectly.
Note on links to other sites
FiBL assumes no responsibility for the content and availability of any third party websites accessed via links on this site. FiBL has no control over the present and future design and content of linked/connected third party WWW sites, and therefore assumes no liability whatsoever for their content. FiBL assumes no guarantee as to the up-to-datedness, correctness, completeness, or quality of the information provided via links to other sites. This declaration applies to all links and references to other sites in FiBL’s Internet offerings. The respective authors are responsible for the content of other sites accessed via links on FiBL sites.